♥ Share The Love ♥




I am a sucker for all things romantic. Movies, books, TV show, songs, poems ect. And on the biggest day of love I decided to share with you some of my other loves besides fashion. This post is my gift to all you wonderful people who have supported and appreciated my blog; this is my gift of love and thanks to you all.

Here are a few of my favourite things that have been with me in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health on bad hair days and dateless nights or helped me cope after a big fight. They have been my saviour and companion, and whenever I turn to them, they have never let me down.



♥My Fave Romance Novel

From literary classic right down to easy-to-read popular literature, a good book makes my day. But, the one genre I love, love, L.O.V.E is mainstream romance novel, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips’s ‘Kiss An Angel’ tops my list. (Actually, most of Susan Elizabeth Phillips novels do.) 'Kiss An Angel' was my first ever Susan Elizabeth Phillips novel and like they say you never forget your first! What I love most about this book or any other Susan Elizabeth Phillips book is the the fine balance between fairy-tale romance and real life relationship. Plus, One can easily relate to her characters. SEP ladies are no delicate darlings or nincompoop but they are women who can stand their own when faced with tough situation, can fend for themselves and don’t need a man to get them through life. Nor are the men some some old-fashioned alpha male waiting to rescue a damsel in distress. 







‘Kiss An Angel’ is a story about Daisy and Alex and their journey towards discovering themselves and love. Packed with so amazingly witty dialogues, engaging secondary characters and heart-warming scenes, l feel in love with this book and started my life long affair with romance novels. ‘Kiss An Angel’ is more that a run-off-the-mill romance novel, it’s a feel good book that ends up leaving a smile on your face. 




Also Try out:




Linda Howard: After the Night, Mr. Perfect.




Jennifer Cruise: Welcome to Temptation.




Judith McNaught: Paradise, Perfect.




Nora Roberts: Hidden Riches.




Gabriel García Márquez: Love in the Time of Cholera




Rachel Gibson: True Confessions.




Sandra Brown: French Silk, The Alibi, White Hot







My Fave Romantic Comedy Movie

For someone who spends a lot more Saturday nights watching romcom movies that painting the town red this is a tough one. Finally, I choose two of my all time faves.

(I consciously refused to go with the yesteryear classic or the current popular ones. My selections come from 1990's and early 2000)





1. While You Were Sleeping.






[Image Credit: Movie Poster.com]






I asked myself why did this one pop into my head as my first pick? Why something that is so simple and understated? Finally it dawned on me. The movie is like a 90’s version of Sleeping Beauty. Only the roles are reversed. In fact, the whole act of falling in love is reversed. Well, for starters Lucy rescues her “supposed” Mr. Perfect from a train accident. While he is sleeping away(in coma, actually), Lucy first falls in love with her Prince Charming’s family and finally when she thinks she has found her dream man, her real Mr. Right makes his appearance and swoops her away. It’s a story of two ordinary people who discover love in extraordinary circumstance. ‘Sigh’. The beauty of this movie is it’s no-frills drama and it’s sheer comedy-of-errors that makes this one of the most liked and loved modern day love stories.





2.The Birdcage.





[Image Credit: Movie Poster.com]


Warning: This is not a love story in the conventional or classic sense. Nor is it your everyday boy-meets-girl story, but it is driven by love never the less. This movie is one crazy laugh riot. And it can take you form a bad mood to party sprits in no time. Great one-liners, excellent comic timing and brillant chemistry between Robin Williams and Nathan Lane are some of the few reasons why this movie is one of my fave and a highly recommended must watch.








My Fave Love Song




Love songs have been a part of our lives since time immemorial. At some time or the other we all have a fave love song. Mine over the ages has changed and re-changed and then some more. Finally, I choose a personal favorite that captures all the simple acts and emotions that are synonymous with love. 




Peter Gabriel's "The Book of Love" is a beautiful love song, without being overtly sappy or cheesy.

"The book of love is long and boring

No one can lift the damn thing

It's full of charts and facts and figures

And instructions for dancing

But I---

I love it when you read to me

And you---

You can read me anything"







My Fave Couple-in-Love 




This was the easiest pick for me. My all time fave couple is….drum roll please…. My Parents. They are a classic odd couple. My dad is addicted to CSI my mom can’t function without her soaps. My dad loves seafood, my mom allergic to it. My mom loves to gossip, dad does not see the relevance of it. Together they make a solid unit that has managed to raise the three of us with love, laughter and disciple. They taught us to distinguish between wrong and right, they stood by our craziest ideas and most importantly they loves us unconditionally.




Through all the ups and downs over the years they  still are a very much in love couple. And it is from them that I learnt the true meaning and value of love. 






Valentine’s Day for me is all about celebrating, spreading and sharing the love. You can express with with flowers and candies, or an insanely expensive piece of jewelry, or a sumptuous home cooked meal or by simply sharing a few of your favourite things with others.












What did you all think of my fave love list? What are the things that you love and enjoy?




Do share your love list, views and opinions with me in the comment section.






Here’s wishing you all a very Happy and Loved Valentine’s Day.




Till then, tra-la,

 Amena!!




 Connect With Fashionopolis on FacebookTwitterPinterest, Bloglovin' & Subscribe
email me- 
a.fashionopolis@gmail.com



























0 comments:

Post a Comment